Customs are demanding $10K to clear my goods -Comedian Michael Blackson laments

 




Michael Blackson

Ghanaian-United states-based comedian Michael Blackson has lamented over the high customs duties in Ghana as he shares his experience.

According to Michael Blackson, he has cousins in Ghana who have no jobs because there are no jobs available in the country so he decided to help.

He disclosed he bought goods in the States worth $10,000 and shipped it to them to set up their business but when the package got to customs, they also demanded another $10,000 as clearance fees.

He tweeted, “If you are planning on shipping anything to Ghana, be prepared to pay a duty fee as high as the thing you shipped and if you don’t pick them up in a timely fashion they will auction your belongings. Why @GhanaRevenue ?”

“I shipped some old furniture by ship duty was $1500 that didn’t bother me, later I shipped my 2014 S class duty was $16k that didn’t bother me but 3 boxes of clothes sent thru DHL that cost me $10k and you want me to pay $10k to get it out? Now you going too far.”


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post